Saturday, August 29, 2009

Following promptings

I am so grateful for following the promptings that I had today, before I get into why I should say that this is something that I don't always do and my father and I are always telling each other to follow the thoughts that we have, for example if I had done this last week I wouldn't have forgotten the bag in Bountiful that had all the papers in it on how to make her cake and a ton more. Thanks so a great roommate who was home I was able to get some of it over the phone. Anyway onto today.

This morning when I woke up I had a ton of different errands to run, and I usually wonder to myself if while out I will run into anyone that I know. When living in Twin I would all of the time but in all of my times living in Utah I never have so I didn't think much more of it and proceeded with my errands in Salt Lake and Midvale. While going to the stores I wasn't able to find any notebook paper for journals I am making for my Kindergartners, something that I thought was a little odd but I decided I would finish out my looking by going to Walmart in Centerville and if I couldn't find any there then the children would just have to wait for a while before they got them. When I arrived at Walmart I knew that they still had the school supplies up in the front of the store but decided that I would first look in the office supply area, and I am so extremely grateful that I did. Once I got back to isle that the paper would be in I ran into Nick. Who is one of the children who I had to say goodbye to early this week and it hasn't been easy at all and after talking with the assistant director yesterday even harder, but that is another story. The excitement he had when he saw me was priceless and I am so thankful that I went back there, even though the paper wasn't there. Had I gone just to the front of the store I would have missed out on the chance of seeing him, and getting to talk with him and his mom.

I have reflected on this all day long today and tonight while attending the adult session of my stakes conference. In our lives we all have promptings to do things but how many times do we put them aside and say we will do them later. Sometimes later is to late. After leaving my bag in Bountiful last week and talking with my dad I have tried even harder than I did before that when I have a prompting to do it and write it down. In my car I have a small note pad and pen, and I also carry one everywhere I go so that when I have them I can carry out what it is I feel impressed to do. Who knows when that prompting could affect another persons life.

No comments: