Even though I technically haven't started teaching kindergarten, all of my school age children are now gone and it has been extremely hard on me. I have watched tons of children in my life and I have never had anything be as hard as having to say good bye to the children as I did yesterday as I said goodbye to Nick and Erik. These two boys have had more influence on my life in the short 3 months that I have been there teacher than any other child ever has. Not that other children haven't had an huge impact on my life because there are way to many that have, but I honestly didn't want yesterday to end and each time the door would open my heart would drop a little more knowing that our time together was ending. Finally when it came and I was told to clean my room and go home I went to tell them goodbye and give them a hug...but they wouldn't let go. I know I spent a good 5 min. trying to help them to let me go so I could leave and doing this all without crying, a task that wasn't easy at all. My eyes were filled with tears and my heart ached so bad to be able to spend more time with them. They were so helpful. Whenever I needed anything done all summer long I could count on them. They always reminded me to not worry about the small things and it really is OK to laugh at yourself. Being twins they helped to remind me the importance of family and reminded me more than once of me and Katie. Nick also reminded me a ton of Joe (my new brother in law.) He was always trying to pick on me like Joe. It made being a way from my family a little easier. They would clean any mess up that I asked them to clean even if they didn't make it, but the one thing that I will miss the most is the participation that they gave in class and the encouragement that they would give not only to me but to the other children in class. Especially Nick yesterday when helping me fill out the student of the week for me for next week on the question what do you do best and with out missing a beat looked at me and said....teach. Thank you Nick and Erik for helping me this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment