On Tuesday I started my actual first week of teaching, and it was so much fun. I loved every minute of it, but I only have 7 kids at the most all week during school hours helps. Monday we start working on the letters and reading high frequency words. We also start a 7 week unit on Now and Then. We will be creating life size children, and talking about the passing of time. I am so excited. I only hope that making the bodies goes better than it did this summer cause right now I am seeing a train wreck.
Oh, and to update everyone. When I was hired in April it was to teach Kindergarten and then be a floater in the afternoon and also drive one of the buses to pick up the school age children. Thank goodness that's changed. I am now also the teacher for the school age children and get to still work with some of my children from this summer. Its been fun to be with them still, and its so much easier also since they aren't at the center that long, and a lot of it is outside for right now until I figure everything out for the after school program and get it up and running, but there are still a few that I miss, and will always miss. Some of them though will be coming back to visit on days when they don't have school. I can't wait for those days! Although I am excited for the school year, both in and out of work (for those of you who don't know I am also going back to school) I can't wait for summer to have all of my kids back again.
August Ministering Gifts
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment