2010 has started out to be a very trying so far. In just 3 weeks my emotions and life has been from one extreme to the other, but through all of this I have had a deeper appreciation for the gospel in my life and the knowledge that I have through it. Let me explain why.
I am going back to school right now online along with working full time. As a result I don't have very much "free time," but I have some amazing friends who this last week reminded me that I need to still get out and have fun, and last Wed. grabbed my homework and went to Sandy and had a homework party. While there midst the very little homework that I actually got done I had a lot of inspiration of a few different things that I knew I needed to do to help me become the best person that I can be. I was hesitant to go out because of all the work I had to do but I was so grateful as I drove back to Bountiful for the simple things in life and those that are brought into my life right now.
Work right now has also been VERY stressful. I haven't felt like I am doing a very good job as a teacher. The children have been having problems in class and I have taken them on very personally. After many nights of crying and talking with my mom things are slowly turning around and hopefully they continue to move upward.
Oh, and my mom ended up in the hospital with an infection in her foot. I knew she would be fine, but just the thought of my mom being in the hospital and me not being there to help at all I had a very hard time with it. I had to continually remind myself that there was nothing I could do and she was going to be OK. She is now home but they still don't know what is wrong with it and how it got to be infected.
These are just a few of the reasons why I hope and pray that the year turns out a lot better than it has started. I truly am grateful for everything I have in my life and for the gospel I don't know where I would be without it.
August Ministering Gifts
8 years ago
1 comment:
Sorry about your stressful new year. I hope all is going well now. It was fun to read about your year and catch up.
Post a Comment