Friday, November 6, 2009

Birthday!!!

Ok so its a couple of weeks late since my birthday is October 22nd, but I have been so busy I haven't had time to do a whole lot of anything.

My 28th birthday was GREAT!!!! The last few years I have been sick or had really bad allergies around my birthday so I haven't been able to do anything but not this year. I started celebrating my birthday the day before and got pizza for my roommates and I. We watched football and carved pumpkins. It was so much fun. On my birthday I took treats for my co-workers and candy for the kids, it was just a good day nothing out of the ordinary just fun. I had so many people tell me happy birthday. I even got flowers from one of my girls at work and her family. My birthday celebrations continued into the weekend with our fall festival at work on Friday and then Saturday my parents came down and we all went to the BYU football game against TCU. BYU might have lost the game but it was such a fun game. We sat by some really fun people which helped as the game started to really get bad. We also went shopping. My parents got most of their Christmas shopping done. I also got some of mine done and spent some of my birthday money.

In the past I have gotten down on my birthday, and as my family knows well I have had some breakdowns, but this year I decided to look at all the things I have and not focus on what I don't. I am so very grateful for some much, but especially my health. I have a friend right now who is going through some really hard health problems and is only a month older than me. Its really shaken me to remember not to take anything for granted and to let others know what they mean to me.

As I know look forward to a new year of life for me I am looking forward to everything that could happen.

2 comments:

MBurt said...

Happy Birthday! I am super glad to hear you are doing well.

JennyCook said...

Sarah I miss you!!! I'm glad things are going so well you seem really happy and thats what is important!