Sunday, May 18, 2008

Great weekend and the downhill stretch

Last weekend I went home for Mother's Day and also for a surprise party that I was throwing for Katie. I got her! She had no clue and it was so much fun being able to surprise her like that. Especially with the help of Jennie. I almost thought she knew when she came over to the house just before she went to work, since I had just started to do the food. She didn't she bought my mom's reason for me cooking. Thank goodness for mother's! Katie thought we were going to be going out to dinner and then pampering ourselves. I left the things at my house that we had bought earlier in the day and we went back to the house to get them. I told her to go in with me to say hi to our parents and Jeremy and Cindy, when everyone shouted SURPRISE!!!!! I only wish that I was in front of her to see her face!
My mom didn't get a picture of her when she walked in the door this is our reenactment!
Mia's face at the end is priceless! She loves karaoke! I think she'll like it more when she can read!
Mother's day was great! I love my mom so much and I am so grateful for everything that she taught me. On my drive home I talked with Katie for a while and she really helped me a lot in coming to grip with a lot of the choices that I have coming up. Mostly with the choice of coming home which I am so excited for and can't wait for. I know it's what I am need to be doing right now. I am putting my life in Heavenly Father's hands and doing what I know I need to be doing.

Well I put my notice in on Tuesday night! It was hard but once it was over I felt as if I had a huge weight lifted off me and every day since has been so much easier. I have applied for some jobs in Twin and I am just taking things one day at a time. I don't know what I am going to do over the next seven weeks. Wow, that really isn't that long at all. Especially when 2 1/2 of them are on vacation.

No comments: