I have always loved General Conference weekend, and being able to listen to the prophet and all of the apostles speak. This year is no different but it had a little twist on it as my sister went into labor Friday afternoon. I had already decided that if she went into labor from Friday night to Sunday morning that I was going to go to Twin to visit her and my new little nephew. So as I found out Friday night I packed up my stuff and asked if it was OK for Ellie to come with me to help me study for my finals. It was fun getting to show her where I grew up and some of the sites of Twin. Friday night as I went to bed Katie still was in labor, but Saturday morning at 5 AM I got a call from Joe saying that they were prepping her for a C-section and that Ben would be here in less than an hour. I was originally planning on going leaving around 6:30 but after getting that call I couldn't sleep anymore so I started to get ready and about 10 minutes before I was ready to leave I got Ellie up.
Benjamin Lee Codner was born at 5:39 AM weighted 8.7 lb and 21.5 inches long. He is the cutest bundle of joy ever, and I wish that they didn't live 3 hours away.
It was good to be in Twin and spend some time with Katelyn, Joe, and the rest of my family. I think Ellie had fun too, and she was so well behaved, and listened to most of General Conference, which isn't easy for a 10 year old to do. As I think back on the talks from General Conference there are always a few that stick out, this conference it was Elder Oaks , President Uchtdorf's, and Elder Scott's. I also don't know how I would feel right now if I was a single young man in the church right now. Having it said at least 3 times that they need to be seeking an eternal companion probably isn't easy.
I am so grateful for my membership in the church and the inspired words that were spoken this past weekend and for the miracle of birth in my family with Ben being born and the change it has made in his small little family. I am so very grateful for him and his sweet spirit he brings to our family at this time. I love you Ben, and miss you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment