Today my ward has its ward conference and as my Bishop was giving his talk he said something that got me thinking. He was talking about the faith little children have when they pray, and I started to think about the children that I have come in contact with in my life but especially my niece Mia when she prays and knows that Heavenly Father will answer her prayers. Just before my sister in law got pregnant with my adorable nephew they Mia would pray every night that she would have a baby brother or sister (sometimes and). The way things were with Cindy her chances of getting pregnant weren't very good at all but Mia prayed for months that she would be a big sister. The day that Cindy found out that she was, Mia told me that Heavenly Father was answering her prayers, and then her prayers turned to thank you for giving me a brother or sister. I look at her now with her little brother who she loves more than anything and I am strengthened because of her faith to know that prayers are answered and that Heavenly Father is there to here our prayers.
I then started to think about a more recent experience with her in November on her night to stay with me as she was saying her prayers she said to bless Aunt Katie to go back to church. This isn't something that we had talked about at all that night or really at all with her around. I had mentioned something in passing about Katie not going to church the Sunday before but honestly didn't think she was paying much attention. Still to this day if you ask her she prays that her Aunt Katie will go back to church. Her faith is so strong and she knows that everything will be OK, and will remind you of it no matter what. I hope that we can all have the faith that little children have and know that our Heavenly Father knows each of us and hears our prayers.
August Ministering Gifts
8 years ago
1 comment:
Wow! What an awesome testimony, Sarah! Sometimes, it's the faith of my kids that keeps me going, ya know?
Post a Comment