Friday, April 4, 2008

Crazy year!!!

Holy cow! I can't believe everything that has happened this past year! I thought to start out I would go through and review the year. Where do I start...
A year ago yesterday I accepted a job to come to nanny for an LDS family in Sandy, Utah. This meant closing down my day care that I had for 4 years and saying goodbye to 11 of the cutest children that I have ever met. 8 of which I have watched since they were born. It was very hard to do. I knew though deep down in my heart though that it was something that needed to be done.

So on Mother's Day after spending the day with my mom, as they left for church I left for my new adventure, and that is exactly what it has been. Since being down here I have been to the Manti Pageant with my sister (it wasn't my first time), gone to the Stadium of Fire, and also gone to more BYU football games in one season than I ever thought would be possible. I have also traveled to date over 6200 miles going back and forth to Twin Falls for visits, which also totals close to 91 hours in the car. WOW!!!! I just made myself really tired. It's been a lot of fun though and although the drive from Sandy to Twin and back isn't always the funniest it's been a time that I have looked forward to. I use it as my thinking time.


I have also really enjoyed my job. The children and family that I work for have taught me so much and really are quite cute. Blake, Colton, Ellie, and Gabe.

No comments: